Lawson’s Procurement Card functionality integrates with your bank’s P-Card program, allowing the flexibility to enhance the use of procurement cards while increasing control over accounting processes and visibility into purchases.
Integrating a Purchasing card program with Lawson enables P-Card Merchant purchasing information to be combined with that of traditional vendors so total spend can be viewed in one place, through one application. Lawson’s functionality also allows Purchase Orders to be paid with P-Cards and vendors to be flagged to be paid with Purchasing cards. The software offers functionality to validate General Ledger coding, approval levels, and cardholder limits.
How can RPI help?
As experts in automation of Procure-to-Pay processes and Lawson’s go-to partner in P-Card Management, RPI assists organizations with the full cycle of implementing a Purchasing Card solution, including:
Provider Selection – Choosing the right P-Card provider will be critical to the project’s success. We leverage our experience working with a variety of banks to ensure your organization obtains the functionality it needs while maximizing rebate opportunities.
P-Card Process Design – Lack of clear guidelines is the most common reason why P-Card deployments fail. Our highly experienced Procure-to-Pay experts can help you identify appropriate card holders, determine approval levels, and develop an effective Mode of Purchase policy.
Lawson Module Implementation – Our certified resources identify the Lawson functionality that will be most effective for your P-Card program and configure the software to meet your business objectives.
Bank Integration – RPI works directly with your provider to ensure the development of a seamless interface process into Lawson.
Training & Deployment – No two implementations are the same. RPI delivers custom training that combines your business processes with Lawson functionality and your P-Card provider’s tools.
Audit Process Development – Monitoring usage is the key to controlling spend. Our specialists will establish a program to provide a combination of random and threshold-based audits to ensure card holders know their usage is reviewed.
About Lawson Procurement Card Management
Lawson’s new Procurement Card Management module is an ideal solution that allows you to integrate your Purchasing card program with Lawson Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
Key functionality includes:
- Transactions are imported from your card provider into Lawson
Cardholders can review, approve, or dispute charges using Procurement
- Card Self Services as well as code transactions to accounts and activities
- All merchant spend data is maintained in Lawson without expanding the regular Lawson vendor file
- Purchasing Cards can be used as a payment method for purchase order or non-purchase order invoices as well as a purchasing method
- Allows interfacing with multiple different purchasing card programs on common platform for invoice approval
- Cardholder requests can be processed in Lawson and routed for approval
- Creates 1099′s for purchasing card vendors, ensuring full compliance with IRS requirements.