Results: 2017 Perceptive Software Benchmarking Survey

A hearty thanks to all who participated in this year’s Perceptive Software Benchmarking Survey! The results are in and we’re happy to present our findings on how the Perceptive Content software community is growing and changing as of February 2017. We received 113 total responses and now have a clear view of the various needs, use patterns, and future plans this community has in mind for the coming year. So, without further ado let’s jump into the data!

What version of Perceptive Content (formerly ImageNow) is your organization currently using?

Over 60% of respondents are using Perceptive Content version 7.0.x or greater, with 15% saying they are already on 7.1.5. Approximately 30% said they are still on version 6.7 or below, which is relevant considering official End-of-Life Perceptive Support for version 6.7 is fast approaching on June 1, 2017! Less than 2% of respondents said they are using a version of Perceptive Content that is 6.5 or below, and less than 10% of respondents are no longer using Perceptive Content. For those still on versions 6.7 or below, be sure to reach out to RPI Consultants if you’d like assistance with upgrading your software to the latest version!

What is your organization’s primary industry?

The lion’s share of respondents said they are either using Perceptive Content for Healthcare (33%) or Higher Education (37%). The rest are using it across a variety of sectors and industries including Financial Services (4%), Manufacturing (4%), Government (4%) and Retail (3%), among others.

Do You Intend to Upgrade Your Version of Perceptive Content?

On the topic of whether you currently have plans to upgrade Perceptive Content, 16% said they are planning to do this within the next 3 months, 22% said within the next 6 months, and 26% said within the next year. Only 37% of respondents said they had no plans to upgrade at all over the course of the next year.

How long ago did your organization implement Perceptive Content?

It seems we are working with a lot of experienced Perceptive Content users, as nearly 78% of you have been using this software for over five years, with over 20% of those having used it for over 10 years! Just one respondent is currently implementing Perceptive Content for the first time. The moral here is once an organization starts using Perceptive Content, typically they seem to be satisfied with the product and not move onto other Enterprise Content Management software.

In which areas does your organization utilize Perceptive Content?

The flexibility of Perceptive Content becomes very clear looking at the responses to this question, as there are a wide range of uses being reported. The most common areas where organizations are utilizing Perceptive Content are Accounts Payable (64%) and Human Resources (52%). Other frequently used areas include Payroll (31%), Admissions (31%), Registrar (29%), Student Finance (28%) and Accounts Receivable (27%). In addition to these there are over 40 lesser used areas where Perceptive Content is seeing use.

How many active Perceptive Content users does your organization have?

The responses we received to this question were truly all over the map. 22% of respondents said their organizations have between one to 50 active users, and at the other end of the spectrum, 8% of respondents said they have over 5,000 active users! All-in-all, 26% of respondents’ organizations have 500 users or greater, and 74% have 500 users or fewer.

Who handles the administration of your Perceptive Content system?

The most common answer to this question was “Multiple full-time ImageNow/Perceptive Content administrators” (37%). 46% of respondents are able to get by with either one full-time Perceptive Content administrator (20%) or an administrator that splits their time among other projects (26%). A small minority either share the responsibility across the IT staff (6%) or use RPI Consultants (1%) or Perceptive/Lexmark/Kofax (3%) to manage their system.

Which host applications does your Perceptive Content/ImageNow implementation link to?

Most commonly, Perceptive Content users reported linking to PeopleSoft (37%) and Lawson/Infor S3 (21%). Behind these two frontrunners are a slew of other host applications including Ellucian Colleague (9%), SAP (4%), Epic (4%), Lawson M3 (3%), Dynamics AX (2%), Oracle E-Business Suite (2%), Ellucian Banner (1%), JD Edwards (1%), and Meditech (1%), among others.

How many iScripts are present in your Perceptive Content implementation including those within a queue or outside of workflow?

Interestingly, the two most common answers to this question are either that your organization is using “1 to 10 iScripts” (40%) or “Greater than 100 iScripts” (17%). Just 10% of respondents use no iScripts, and the rest fall somewhere in between 11 and 100.

Does your organization intend to add additional iScripts to your implementation within the next 12 months?

Results were mixed on this question with an approximate split down the middle. 46% of respondents said they are planning to add additional iScripts within the next 12 months, with the remaining 54% saying they have no current plans to add iScripts.

Does your organization utilize eForms? If so, do you use them for Accounts Payable or something else?

Another question where the results were fairly split down the middle. 47% of respondents said their organization does utilize eForms, with the other 53% saying they do not currently utilize eForms. Of those who are currently using eForms, 26% said they are using the Perceptive AP eForm, and 17% said they are using a completely custom eForm. 30% of respondents said they only use eForms for AP. Other uses for eForms included Admissions (29%), Human Resources (24%), Patient Indexing/Records Correction (14%), Materials Management (5%), along with a variety of other less common applications for eForms.

Does your organization utilize intelligent capture or advanced OCR? If so, which software?

About half of respondents said they are using some form of advanced OCR, with 22% saying they utilize Brainware or Perceptive Intelligent Capture. Kofax KTM (9%) and Kofax KTA (3%) were the next most popular responses, and 2% of respondents said they are using ABBYY.  52% said they are not currently using intelligent capture or advanced OCR.

Does your organization intend on implementing intelligent capture or advanced OCR? If so, which software?

For those without any current form of advanced OCR, 9% said they are planning to implement Brainware or Perceptive Intelligent Capture, and 4% said they are planning to implement Kofax KTA. No respondents (who do not have the software already) said they are intending to implement Kofax KTM, ABBYY, or AnyDoc.

Will you be attending Inspire 2017 in Nashville?

We’re happy to report we had a very successful 2017 Inspire conference. Over 30% replied saying they were also planning on being there, and we were certainly happy to have a chance to talk with many of you! The remaining 69% said they would not be attending this year, and to you we say, “Hope to see you in Las Vegas next year!” The Kofax Inspire conference is always a good opportunity for clients or prospective clients to have a chance sit down for a (free) meeting with some of RPI Consultants best and brightest senior consultants and leadership.

Would you like us to send you a super awesome RPI flash drive?

“Yes” was the clear winner here, with 90% saying that they would like a super awesome RPI flash drive. Apparently 10% have no need or desire for a super awesome RPI flash drive. If you ever change your mind please let us know (they are a big hit).

Follow us online for faster access to announcements, knowledge base updates, and upcoming events!

Software Services & Solutions

RPI Consultants Software Partners, Capabilities, & Experience

RPI Consultants has been a trusted partner, thought leader, and services provider for the Infor & Lawson user communities since 1999.

Learn More