Lawson Process Automation
Improve and Monitor Your Workflow
Workflow automation allows organizations to increase business efficiency, speed up work processes, and reduce costs. Business events can drive transactions and initiate alerts to key personnel. Approval flows, such as for invoices and requisitions, are a universal example of where process automation can make a huge impact.
Infor/Lawson Process Automation empowers your organization to quickly design and deploy complex work flows in three steps:
- Model business processes visually in the Process Designer
- Publish processes to the server
- Interact with flows via the Inbasket and email notifications
Built on Infor ION Grid technology, LPA offers enterprise class performance and very high scalability. Administrators can monitor, execute, balance, schedule, troubleshoot and manage the complete life cycle of workflow processes, all within a common user interface using the Lawson Rich Client.
Upgrade to LPA
RPI’s team can help you take advantage of LPA’s numerous capabilities. Lawson Process Automation has a superior development environment for higher quality flows, reduced development time, and decreased ongoing flow maintenance. Improved error handling capabilities allow errors to be handled proactively at design time, rather than reacting after the flow has been deployed.
LPA has streamlined its administration compared to ProcessFlow Integrator. Lawson Rich Client is LPA’s single interface, housing all of its administrative features. This new approach enables supervisors to monitor flow status with reduced reliance on custom reports or Lawson server file access, and it allows your administrator to quickly spot and troubleshoot any issues.
Infor/Lawson Process Automation integrates tightly with multiple Infor products, including S3, M3, Talent Management, Professional Services Automation, Event Hub, and Cloverleaf. This workflow automation tool is valuable across all enterprise applications, not just Infor/Lawson applications.
RPI LPA Services
Whether you are upgrading from ProcessFlow Integrator or planning a new LPA roll-out, we can help. RPI’s certified consultants have expertise with a variety of Lawson/Infor and third party product integrations, and are available to support you throughout the entire process. We offer a range of Lawson Process Automation services:
- Migration from ProcessFlow Integrator to LPA – We assist with converting current flows to LPA and integrating into the Landmark environment. RPI will also ensure your Smart Notes, Crystal Reports, and otherProcess Flow dependencies are updated during the transition.
- Approval Flow Development – Approval flows are essential to your Lawson system, and RPI’s team leverages its experience developing flows for invoices, requisitions, journal entries, personnel actions, and more to best accommodate your needs.
- Manual Task Automation – Going beyond the capabilities of Excel Upload Wizard, LPA can automate repetitive manual tasks. In a recent example, one of our clients saved hours of manual work by using a flow to identify and clear reconciliation messages that met certain criteria.
- Interfaces – LPA is an adept platform for building inbound and outbound interfaces. We can help you take advantage of the numerous integration technologies available such as JDBC, file access, message queueing, and web services. Look up data in Lawson with DME/AGS calls and direct database access. Built-in connectors for WebSphere TX, Cloverleaf, and ION provide powerful data transformation capabilities.
- Training – You get the most out of this powerful product when your staff is up-to-speed with all of LPA’s functionality. RPI will train your organization’s system administrators and developers on the practices best suited for your business. We also provide end-user training for roll-outs of requisition approval and other business objectives.
- Real-Time Support – Once LPA has been implemented, questions will arise. RPI’s consultants are available to troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.
- System Administration – Let us take on the burden of day-to-day tasks, such as maintaining an approval matrix and monitoring system health.